How do we use hypermedia materials?
Given that digital information technology creates location-independent text, should the hypermedia classroom be an extension of the lecture hall, the lab, or the library?
Possible classroom situations
- Synchronous: As lecture materials -- for content, example, and technique
- Synchronous: In lab format (useful for writing, programing, and multimedia classes
- Asynchronous: Resource for student-directed and driven work -- wherever physically situated:
- computer center
- student's residence hall room
- student's home
- student's home in geographically distant location
Last modified 27 January 2005