1. The text is not cluttered with underlining, blue (or other special) colors to show the presence of links.
2. Links in or links out — arrival or departure links — are easily located.
1. As in Intermedia and Storyspace, Microcosm (shown above) the show links feature is activated by a menu item or a key combination.
2. Storyspace and Microcosm show the presence of links with white text on black background; Intermedia used a blinking marquee.
3. The absence of such a feature in HTML is disorienting when readers enter a long document: they may know where to begin reading but not where to end.
5 June 2013