While working on this project, unnatural, I learned about a couple of new filters I hadn't used before. I used a neon glow filter, and a texturize filter. They both worked pretty well. I haven't had any experience with photoshop before, so everything I've been working on the past two days have been new, and I've learned how to create layers, and apply a bunch of different filters, as well as insert and manipulate text. However, I did have some trouble getting the text to be the size and pattern I wanted. The program would convert the text back every time I had something I liked. I also would have liked to be able to add some other kind of visual element. I would have liked to convey some kind of motion, but very slight, and within a confined space. It would have been nice to be able to use a simple gif animation or flash to do that. But it worked very well to use images in this piece. When I wrote it, I was anthromorphsizing some leaves I was watching, and I was glad to be able to use the image to show make the subject of the poem ambiguous. Images can certainly be used to that end, like a title. It also helped set a disturbing and artificial, but also with natural, tone. The disturbing aspect of the poem certainly would have come off without images, but the background allowed me to easily juxtapose the sinister with the natural.

Cyberspace Web Overview Creative Nonfiction related courses

Last modified 6 February 2008