- First, choose a substantial passage of 2-4 paragraphs (please include page numbers).
- Next, write a graceful and effective introduction to the passage that suggests why your reader should want you to examine it closely.
- Then, ask 4-5 questions, chiefly concerning matters of technique and comparison, for which you do not have to have answers.
- You may also wish to add some text between the quoted passage and your questions.
- Give your question set a title.
These exercises, which provide the basis of class discussion, should be e-mailed to me no later than 6 pm Monday before we begin discussing the reading.
Examples of discussion questions by members a related course.
Last updated 3 December 2006